Filed under: Events, Solar Panel Installation | Tags: Baltimore Solar Energy, Solar Panel Installation, Solar Tax Credit
Opportunities For Funding Of Residential Solar Panels Extended
Federal Tax Credit
From Energystar.gov, Tax Credits for Consumers For Solar Panels:
- Tax credits are available at 30% of the cost, with no upper limit.
- Must have a Manufacturer Certification Statement to qualify.
- Photovoltaic systems must provide electricity for the residence, and must meet applicable fire and electrical code requirement.
- Must be placed in service before December 31, 2016.
Maryland Funding Opportunities
From the Maryland Energy Administration:
- Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) has reopened the Solar Energy Grant Program as result of funds made possible by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
- Also available from the state of Maryland are Solar-Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs). Maryland residents and businesses who have installed a PV system can also earn and sell Solar Renewable Energy Credits to help offset the cost of their system.
Before You Begin
- Clean Currents Green Energy Sollutions offers free site evaluations.
Upcoming Solar Workshop:
Introduction to Solar Energy Systems
Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 6 – 8:30 PM, Mill Valley Garden Center & Farmer’s Market
JEFF BLANKMAN of Sunnyside Solar will answer your questions on
practical aspects of getting started with photovoltaic or solar thermal systems in the home or office. He is also an expert in energy efficiency analysis.
CHERYL WADE, solar energy advocate and co-owner, Mill Valley Garden Center & Farmer’s Market (and home to Baltimore Biodiesel) will discuss opportunities and barriers with net metering: selling excess energy back to the grid.
Q & A. Light fare. Free of charge.
$5 optional contribution appreciated.
Sponsored by the Baltimore Climate Action Network: www.baltimoreclimate.org.
RSVP appreciated but not required:
email@example.com or 410-812-1447.
3 Comments so far
Leave a comment