Filed under: Green Building, News | Tags: Baltimore Green Buildings, Bozzuto Group, Green Apartments, LEED, The Fitzgerald Baltimore
The Fitzgerald To Be Largest Green Apartment Complex In Baltimore
The Fitzgerald, a large grey building under construction on Mt. Royal Avenue between the Maryland Institute College of Art and the Lyric Opera House, is nearing completion and will become Baltimore’s largest green Apartment Complex. The Bozzuto Group, the project’s developers, announced that the Fitzgerald “is on track to become the most sizeable LEED certified apartment community in the Baltimore area”.
According to the Bozzuto Group, the Fitzgerald will:
- be at least 14% more efficient than current standards require
- purchase 70% of the building’s electricity from renewable sources
- reduce water consumption by 40%
- be 100% smoke free
- implement carpets, adhesives, sealants, paints that will meet or exceed low VOC standards
- be constructed from at least 10% recycled materials
- divert no less than 75% of construction waste to recycling
- offer an enclosed bicycle area with racks
- offer preferred parking for hybrid vehicles and car sharing
For a link to the Fitzgerald site, CLICK HERE.
To follow the Fitzgerald on Twitter, CLICK HERE.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment