Jobs At Real Food Farm
Real Food Farm is currently accepting applications for a Mobile Market Coordinator and a Agricultural Projects Coordinator.
Both positions will begin in March 2012 and run through October 2012. 40 hours per week. Pay will be a modest bi-weekly Americorps stipend and an education award upon completion of the term. Americorps enrollment is not required to apply.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific job title in the subject line. Applications due February 10, 2012 for a March start date.
To learn more, CLICK HERE.
Filed under: Baltimore Green Jobs, Biking In Baltimore | Tags: Baltimore Green Job, Bike Maryland
Cycling Advocacy Job for Baltimore City
From Bike Maryland:
Job Opening for Bike Awareness Ambassador
This is a terrific position where you will promote bike safety in Baltimore!
- The position requires a passion for bicycling and experience in teaching workshops – preferably educational experience working with kids.
- Most of your work will be teaching bike safety to Baltimore City Youth.
- Additionally, if time allots, you will teach bike commuter classes to adults.
- This position is funded by a State Highway Administration grant. It is a part-time consulting position that will run from now to October 1, 2011. Pay rate $15/hour.
- The position is an average of 12 hours a week (the person must be available at least 1 work day (8am-5pm) per week – some work may be performed on weekends too.
- There is the possibility that the position may continue past Oct 1st or expand in the future into a full time position.
- Please send your resume to Carol Silldorff.
For more information about Bike Maryland, CLICK HERE.
Filed under: Baltimore Green Jobs | Tags: Blue Water Baltimore Executive Director
Blue Water Baltimore Is Looking For
An Executive Director
From Blue Water Baltimore:
Executive Director’s Position: BWB seeks an individual with specialized talents and expertise to lead the operations of the organization. Candidates must have a demonstrated record in non-profit management, solid knowledge of environmental and water quality issues, documented skills in working with staff and boards, the ability to develop and implement strategic plans and policies, collaborative talents to work with other organizations, a commitment to the mission of the organization, documented fundraising successes and financial management expertise.
Blue Water Baltimore’s purpose is to use community-based restoration, education, and advocacy to achieve clean water in Baltimore’s rivers, streams, and harbor, so that citizens of the Baltimore region may enjoy a vibrant, natural environment, livable neighborhoods, and a healthy, thriving Inner Harbor and Chesapeake Bay. We work towards a future when our neighborhood streams are safe for fishing and swimming and our clean harbor is the pride of our city.
For the full job description, CLICK HERE.
Filed under: Baltimore Green Jobs, Biking In Baltimore | Tags: Baltimore Bike Planner, Baltimore Green Jobs, Nate Evans
Baltimore Green Job – Bike Planner
Baltimore City Bike Planner
Position Type: Part Time/ 20 hrs Week
The qualified applicant will:
– Have a basic civil engineering background, specifically signing & marking plans.
– Have experience with CAD (preferably MicroStation) and ArcGIS.
– Be an advanced (“pioneer”) cyclist and have firm grasp of safe cycling practices.
– Be able to represent the City of Baltimore and Department of Transportation in a professional and responsible manner.
– Have a strong work ethic & be a fast learner!
Duties will include
1. Performing feasibility studies for bicycle infrastructure including but not limited to evaluating pavement conditions, vehicular traffic data, active transportation traffic data and existing roadway design while providing support and assistance to engineering staff.
2. Preparing engineering plans, specifications and cost estimates of on-road bicycle facilities. Reviewing constructions documents for bicycle accommodations.
3. Coordinating the expansion of bike parking across the city, designing bike parking facilities when necessary
4. Working with governmental and community groups to maximize bicycle facility potential
5. Utilizing GIS database to identify areas of improvement within the bicycle network and updating facilites as they are installed.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and references to Nate Evans at email@example.com
Filed under: Baltimore Green Jobs | Tags: Baltimore Green Jobs, Baltimore Windpower, Clean Currents, Clean Energy, Green Energy Sales
Sell Green Power To Baltimore Residents
Baltimore Sales Representative
Clean Currents, LLC
Clean Currents Sales Representative
We’re looking for an energetic, articulate, smart communicator to broker clean energy deals for small to large businesses in Maryland and DC. You don’t need to know the energy industry, but you must be willing to learn. A passion for clean energy is a big plus. Get in on the ground floor of a fast growing company!
Research and compile lists of likely prospects in an assigned territory. Work with prospects to identify their electricity costs, determine the terms they want, and their energy needs. Provide information on solar energy installation, or energy purchasing, or Renewable Energy Credit purchases. Participate in Clean Currents sales calls and training sessions. Supervise part time sales representatives. Coordinate all sales leads and sales transactions.
A base salary of $15,000 a year plus commissions on sales.
For more information about selling clean energy to Baltimore residents for Clean Currents, CLICK HERE.
Filed under: Baltimore Green Jobs | Tags: Americorps, Baltimore Green Jobs, Civic Works, Community Lot Team
Baltimore Green Job Posting
Baltimore Civic Works is accepting applicants: Community Lot Team
The Community Lot Team is hiring Baltimore City residents, to spend approximately 5 months transforming vacant lots into community parks and gardens. Corps members will work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. For more information, contact Jennifer Borrero at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-366-8533.
Civic Works’ Community Lot Team transforms vacant Baltimore City lots, often sites of demolished houses that are filled with trash and debris, into thriving community gardens and shared spaces. A team of AmeriCorps members works with community members, volunteers groups, and local artists to create places of beauty in an often desolate urban landscape. The Community Lot Team only works in communities who are committed to participating in the creation and future maintenance of the garden.
Civic Works is Baltimore’s urban service corps and an AmeriCorps program. To learn more about Civic Works, CLICK HERE.
In a related article by Baltimore Sun columnist Tim Wheeler: Can “greening” the city help quell its violence?