Filed under: Baltimore Recycling, News | Tags: American Recycling Centers of America, Baltimore Appliance Recycling, Baltimore Freezer & Refridgerator, BGE Smart Energy Savers Program, Cash
Turn In Your Old Refrigerator For Cash
BGE is working with American Recycling Centers Of America to recycle and properly dispose of your old refrigerators and freezers and they’ll pay you $50! According to their site, “With BGE’s appliance recycling program, over 95% of the appliance is properly destroyed and recycled, thus preventing it from entering a landfill.”
Did you know …
- Each old refrigerator or freezer requires an average of 700 to 1,600 kilowatt-hours to operate.
- If a spare refrigerator used in a basement or garage is removed and not replaced, energy savings can amount to 1,200 kWh/year, a $100 reduction in annual electricity charges.*
How the program works …
- You must be a BGE residential electric customer with a valid account number.
- You must own the refrigerator or freezer and it must be 10-27 cubic feet.
- Your appliance must be in working (cooling) condition.
- Your appliance will be picked up, at no charge, from the address listed on your billing account.
- The $50 reward will be mailed to you within four weeks after pick up of your refrigerator or freezer.
- Limit of 2 appliances per household.
For more information, CLICK HERE.
Not a BGE customer? – To find a participating program in your area, CLICK HERE.